Daily market intelligence on mortgages, equity raising, investment sales, and CMBS.

Wednesday, 27 March 2002

Mid-Atlantic Digest (3/28/02): Shaner Makes Hostile Offer for Pa. Hotel Firm

Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)
March 28, 2002

Shaner makes hostile offer for Interstate
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – He tried being nice. Now Lance Shaner is playing hardball in his bid to acquire a Green Tree, Pa., hotel management company. Thrice rebuffed by Interstate Hotels Corp., Shaner, chairman of Shaner Hotel Group of State College, is offering an all-cash tender of $7.4 million to acquire 45 percent of the company's Class-A common shares. When combined with the 6 percent he already owns, he would have a controlling 51 percent majority of the company. Shaner's offer is $3 per share. Interstate stock closed Wednesday at $2.11, down three cents for the day. Shaner said he would be willing to negotiate any aspect of his offer, including the amount.


ING riverfront expansion plans detailed
The News Journal (Wilmington, Del.)

WILMINGTON, Del. – ING Direct has plans to expand its presence along Wilmington's riverfront by adding offices, a parking garage and a public atrium, city and state officials said Wednesday. Executives at the Wilmington-based online bank have submitted plans to expand into the historic Pennsylvania Railroad Building and build a garage in front of Tubman Garrett Riverfront Park. A second phase of their proposal would create an atrium between the Pennsylvania Building and the adjacent Amtrak station. A time line has not been set. ING officials have said they were looking to expand to accommodate the growing operational needs of their headquarters on Orange Street, along the Delaware River next to the Riverfront Market. ING employs about 315 people there. The plans, which have the backing of state and city officials, also include occupying some unused space at the Amtrak station.


Commercial Real Estate Direct provides links to full stories where available.


weekly-call-to-action

“The Weekly”

“The Weekly” is Commercial Real Estate Direct’s PDF newsletter, sent to subscribers every Friday morning. With over 100 news stories published on Commercial Real Estate Direct each week, “The Weekly” features the top stories in commercial real estate that industry participants need to know first. “The Weekly” also contains:

  • Breaking mortgage, CMBS, and REIT news

  • Quarterly league tables with rankings of B-piece buyers, book runners, and lenders

  • Industry moves and changes in “The Insider“

Additional Info

  • Syndicate to Realpoint: No
  • Subject: Mid-Atlantic Regional Digest (MADIG)
Read 491 times

Data Digest

 

CMBS DELINQUENCY VOLUME

dqdataFP1

 

CMBS SPECIAL SERVICING VOLUME

sschartfp

Top Bookrunners Domestic, Private-Label CMBS - 2017
Investment Bank #Deals Vol$mln MktShr%
Goldman Sachs 17.59 11,819.34 13.68
JPMorgan Securities 14.52 10,968.11 12.70
Citigroup 12.04 10,012.71 11.59
Wells Fargo Securities 14.02 9,936.06 11.50
Deutsche Bank 12.55 9,879.74 11.44

 

RCA CPPI

 

cppichart FP

 

 

CMBS 2.0 Spreads

AAAspreads

Top CMBS Loan Contributors - 2017
Lender #Loans Vol$mln MktShr%
Goldman Sachs 146.89 11,719.34 13.63
JPMorgan Chase Bank 117.68 10,114.14 11.76
Deutsche Bank 198.48 9,689.97 11.27
Morgan Stanley 166.18 8,539.78 9.93
Citigroup 199.05 8,088.24 9.41

 

 

 

REITCafe

  • Challenging Retail Environment Weights on REITs
    Mixed economic news is weighing on retail markets, pushing REIT performance down in 2015. This week, the National Retail Federation announced that back-to-school spending is expected to be down 9.3% in 2015. This news came on the heels of a report from the Commerce Department stating that retail sales declined 0.3%...
     
  • US REITs Feeling Effects from Turmoil in Greece and China
    International economic forces have taken center stage this week, affecting both US stock markets and REITs. The crash in the Chinese stock market and ongoing concerns about the future of Greece in the eurozone drove markets down during the first half of the week. REITs fared better than the overall market...

  • What Does Increased Construction Mean for Apartment REITs?
    REITs so far this year have raised $17.1 billion of capital through the sale of unsecured notes, bringing the total raised over the past two and a half years to just more than $75 billion. That’s more than they raised during the previous five years. The massive volume shouldn’t be a surprise as it comes while the yield from 10-year Treasury bonds, the benchmark...
shouldn’t be a surprise as it comes while the yield from 10-year Treasury bonds, the benchmark against which most REIT’s price their bonds
warehouse-backstage